Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Think again!

There should be a “rule” book for fashion
As I go about my day, I can’t help wondering if some people actually look in the mirror before they leave the house. I am disturbed when I see women who otherwise look “put together” wearing things that derail their credibility.
Three things that I saw today:
1. A fabulously dressed woman wearing chipped, grown-out nail polish. Come on ladies, even if you do not have the time to get a fresh manicure, at least remove the chipped polish.
2. An otherwise beautifully dressed woman wearing tired, old - fashioned shoes. I know, they are all broken in and comfy, but there is no point in spending the time and money to dress well and then ruin it by stating you do not care by wearing old standby’s. With all the shoe choices today, you can absolutely have comfort and style.
3. A high level female official chewing gum as she walked on stage.
Do not, DO NOT chew gum in public. Regardless as to whether you think it is fine to do so- others do not. Trust me on this - it’s a small sacrifice for a huge gain in credibility.

No comments: