Friday, October 12, 2007

Do you love your glasses?

I have never actually enjoyed wearing glasses, until recently that is. Discovering frames that I LOVE has made all the difference.
I now look at glasses as another wardrobe accessory. If you wear glasses most of the time then think of them as part of your image. The style frame you choose can make you look dated or current, boring or memorable. Sometimes you may want the glasses to disappear (frame-less), while other times you may want them to be a fun accessory. Having a non-glare coating is also important. This coating minimizes light reflection on the glass and gives the appearance of making the glass less noticeable. Glasses with this coating always look more attractive and is highly recommended for photo or video shoots.
Shop around for the best pricing. Frames alone cost between $60-$500. Once you add in bifocals and non-glare you have added even more. Think of this purchase as an investment, after-all, this is your face.

What do your glasses say about you?

1 comment:

Marcy Apple said...

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. I am an optician and I am always educating my customers on how much of an impact their eyewear has. After all. The eyes are usually the first thing a person notices about another person. Eyewear makes a statment. PLEASE, make sure it is the statement you want them to make. I once had a gentleman wearing those 70's glasses tell me he wanted his new glasses to look the same as his old glasses. He said "I don't want to make a fashion statement" My reply ( with a little chuckle) Well you ARE making a fashion statement, just a very poor one!
Another thing is you don't have one pair of shoes why have one pair of glasses. Have different styles to match your casual , professional and formal attire.