Monday, June 16, 2008

Do you ever feel like you are disappearing?

I get many emails asking questions about various makeup and wardrobe issues. I received one this past week that I could personally relate to. It seems that this reader saw a recent picture of herself and her teenage daughter. She was shocked to see that she seemed to look washed-out and "faded" in the photograph. She said she felt like she was going to disappear. Then she asked her teenage daughter to come stand in the mirror with her so she could see why she looked bad in the photograph. That was when she realized that she really did look like she was disappearing. She wanted to know what she could do that was not to involved to look better.

Well, it is true that we lose pigment in our hair, eyebrows, eyelashes, iris, and lips as we get older. This is why so many women who haven't used makeup when they are younger find that they love it as they get older. The single most important technique you can do to look better is to use mascara or eyeliner or both. It needn't be dark and severe, but enough to define the eyes. My favorite mascara is KISS ME by BLINC. It will not come off under your eyes like traditional waxy mascara. I also love the gel liner by Bobbi Brown. Ask the sales associate to teach you how to apply the liner with the special brush. These two products takes seconds to apply and will stay put all day.

Do you have a beauty or fashion dilemma? email me at:kim@kimfoleystyle.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Kim! I always love reading your blog because it helps me feel more confident about the style choices I make.