Sunday, September 16, 2007

5 Reasons women slip into frumpdom

1. I have children- It is easy to rationalize wearing loose-fitting, washable clothing when you are raising kids. Sticky fingers and mud pies are part of the package. Instead of athletic wear, get some washable trousers and tops that can be dressed up or down. No need to wear jewelry when you are playing with the kids, but comfortable, fashionable shoes and well tended hair and makeup suddenly take that casual “play” outfit and to a more polished appearance.

2. It is too late, I am too old- Nonsense! I have clients in their 70’s and 80’s.
Never give up. It is never too late to revamp your image. Need help? Email me, I will make sure you get to where you want to go when it comes to image.

3. I don’t know how to do anything else- We all get stuck in rut sometimes and need an objective person to pull us out! I can help you look current and fashionable without “crossing the line.” No one wants to look foolish. Don’t worry frumpdom isn’t about age, it’s a state of mind. If you are realy stuck, email me. We can set up an appointment with Skype and get you back on track.

4. It doesn’t matter- Of course it matters! If you are constantly interrupted by others or not being taken seriously or if you feel “all washed up” then it matters.
It matters that you like what you see in the mirror each day and it matters how the world perceives you. I don’t know about you, but I want to be seen as a vibrant, capable woman who is aging gracefully.


5. I don’t have time- Few of us have time, we must make time and take time.
Give up an hour of sleep (or go to bed earlier) so you can walk or exercise each morning. Add 5 minutes more to your daily routine so you can apply makeup and style your hair. If I can work 10 hour days and make time to exercise, dress up, and cook dinner each night, so can you! Carpe Diem!

No comments: