Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Clothing buyers need to know their demographics

While shopping for an outfit for an afternoon wedding I became painfully aware that the majority of styles available would only look good on someone under size 6. Common sense tells you that fullness adds volume. I do not need or want volume. I want slimming, I want optical illusions, and I want something that actually flatters my curvy body! Just who was it that decided that gathered skirts and babydoll dresses are what women get to wear this year? Don’t the designers know that the average size of women in this country is size 14? It is time that the manufactures take note that those of us over size 6 want the option to dress with power and credibility for work and look current, hip and sometimes even sexy for evenings.
Lets face it, most styles this year look flattering on young, slim 20 somethings. But if you’ve got a few extra pounds or you are over 35 you are out of luck.
Buyers take note: We want flattering lines that flatter our not-so-perfect shape.

No comments: